One Old Navy Blouse, Five Different Looks
I'm always trying to stretch my wardrobe, figuring out how many different ways to wear my most favorite pieces. So, I've decided to take you along the journey and show you how I styled my latest clearance find; a plaid Old Navy blouse purchased for $5.97.
1. I love to mix prints. This look was a no brainer since it was black and white, but with the clearance prices being so low at Old Navy, you can purchase a bunch of printed pieces and play around. If you want some direction on how to mix prints, check out an old blog post I have on the topic here or here and have some fun with fashion!
2. The second option is one that I get a lot of wear out of. A blouse, a belt and a skinny jean. Add a killer pump and an oversized clutch and you're ready for a date night with the boo or a night on the town with your girls!
3. The third look is all about color. One of the things that I love about wearing a black and white print is that it becomes a neutral. Add a bold color, or two .
4. I'm not a casual girl, but for you I'll do it ;-) With the birth of my daughter, I actually have been wearing more flats. However, you know I had to add some color, so I paired my Steve Madden jeans with a pair of teal Jessica Simpson jeans.
5. Last but not least, a tutu. Why not? You can dress up or dress down a tutu. Just pair with a basic tee, tank or blouse. Add some glitter, sequins or stones with your accessory choices and you're off to the ball.
So there you have it; how to take a $5 dollar top and create 5 distinct looks. There are so many ways that this could've been done. Tag on Facebook and/or Instagram @IamDionneDean and show me how you stretch your wardrobe!