Humidity makeup tips: Prime and protect
*This post is sponsored by Manuka Doctor Flawless Primer and other products were provided for review. The thoughts and opinions about the following products are entirely my own*
During the summer months, it is not only important to keep your skin moisturized and hydrated, but if you're a makeup wearer like myself, you want to actually keep your makeup looking fresh as well. So, as we venture into the summer months, here are a few of the products that I'll be using to keep my makeup fresh and intact.
1. First Aid Beauty Cleansing Wipes- A convenient packet of towelettes that gently removes surface oils, and impurities- perfect for that humid day! Perfect for use any time of day, whenever your skin needs instant refreshing! The combination of chamomile, aloe, and bisabolol calm and soothe the skin, while botanical antioxidants stave off free radical damage.
2. Body Shop 'Oils of Life' Sleeping Cream- Once you're skin is cleansed and makeup free, it's time to moisturize. 'Oils of Life' features a powerful blend of 3 precious seed oils and 7 essential oils from around the world to create the luxurious, yet ultra-refreshing texture that will melt onto your skin to revitalize it while you rest. The smell is SO soothing and puts you at a state of rest, getting you ready to renew skin cells and rejuvenate skin while you sleep.
3. Manuka Doctor Flawless Primer- This advanced skincare primer instantly minimizes pores and reduces the appearance of wrinkles. Clinically proven to mattify skin, it is formulated to contain a blend of minerals to instantly even skin tone and reduce redness. Apply after your moisturizer, but before your foundation as an extra barrier against the oils that break down your makeup throughout the day.
4. Becca Backlight Primer- When I want a little extra glow under my makeup, I use the Becca's 'Backlight Primer'. It's like an instant Instagram filter for your face! Infused with three unique Filtering Luminescent Pearls, each one adds a different drop of diffused light. Blended together, they impart a one-of-a-kind, lightweight, whipped fluid that creates a smooth canvas and acts as an instant filter, while the vitamin E-enriched formula minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
5. First Aid Beauty Hydrating Mist- Now that you're cleansed, moisturized and primed, it's time to look in your makeup. This hydrating mist reawakens skin, restores hydration and protects skin from environmental aggressors that strip away moisture and wreak havoc on your skin. I use this antioxidant booster to replenish, revive, sooth and hydrate skin throughout the day, as well as to set my makeup during the dry Dallas-summers. It also goes on my trips home to South Florida as a refresher during those hot and humid Miami nights ;-)