Top 5 Plus Size Denim Brands
*This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a minimal percentage of the sale*
Shopping this past weekend at Talize thrift stores in Toronto, I found a few pair of jeans from my fave jeans vendors. This doesn't happen often, as jeans shopping can be one of the worst experiences in a women's shopping adventure. However, if you know what styles are best for your body type and which styles you prefer, it makes the shopping experience a lot easier.
So, I've put together a few brands that I look for when out thrifting. I'm a skinny jeans type of gal, but most of these brands offer bootcut and straight options as well. Here you go:
1. Jessica Simpson- The 'Kiss Me Super Skinny' is probably my all-time favorite skinny jean. When you're a woman of size with shorter legs, it's really difficult to find a jean to fit skinny all the way to the ankle, but Jessie gets it right EVERY time!
2. Forever 21- There is nothing like a good distressed jean chile. As a toddler mom, I'm always looking to add a little 'umph' to my wardrobe to show em' I still got it. My Forever 21 distressed denim always give me the edge I'm looking for.
3. KUT from the Kloth- KUT is one of my fave premium denim brands. A little pricier than my Forever 21 jeans, this is a brand I keep my eyes peeled for at the thrift store. They feel absolutely amazing and don't lose their shape after wear and wash. If you don't feel like thrifting, try online at Nordstrom or other off-price retailers for a deal.
4. Seven7- Lane Bryant has been stepping up their game lately with various collaborations. Their denim section has developed leaps and bounds since the days of shopping for mom jeans for back-to-school (raises hand) and I'm no longer ashamed to walk in and try a few things on. The Seven7 line of denim has really added an edge to the store and the selection is definitely worth trying on.
5. I.N.C. International Concepts- During the winter months in Chicago, I LIVED in my I.N.C. ponte leggings. I literally had/have (just in case God grants my wish and we get to move back there) them in every color. when the brand started updating their denim and offering a more stylish silhouette, I had to pay attention. The Macy's private label brand don't have as many distressed options, but I don't really expect them to with their target market. However, if you're in-store, they're definitely worth trying out...and you KNOW they'll always have a coupon for that extra discount ;-)
Well, I pray this list has provided some guidance on the jeans front. Like I said earlier, it's all about knowing your body shape and the styles that look best on you. I love a light wash distressed skinny jean; you may like a dark bootcut jean. Fashion should be fun. Take a few different cuts into the fitting room and have some fun!