For me, my job as a stylist is to look objectively at an entire wardrobe and make additions and or deletions based on a desired objective whether it be getting ready for an upcoming event, changing out a seasonal wardrobe, or dressing an a changing body . That being said, I want you to take a few minutes and answer these questions as honestly as possible.
1. Have you been spoken to by your boss or a work colleague about your way of dress?
2. Have you gained or lost a significant amount of weight over the last few months?
3. Are people starting to comment on your age or how tired you are starting to look?
4. Do you notice that your 'self-talk' has become more negative over time?
5. Do you feel anxious, angry or depressed after leaving a store's fitting room?
If you answered 'yes' to any of these questions, it may be time to hire a stylist. Let me tell you why. A stylist is your clothing advocate; they are able to look at an outfit objectively and see things that you can't see. Many times as a stylist, I may see my client's amazing legs or beautiful eyes, while they're focused on flabby arms (which BTW are rarely ever that flabby LOL). They are so focused on the negative aspects of their body, that they are not able to see the plethora of positives.
Well, it's time to stop all of that nonsense and completely obliterate 'fitting room bashing'. We gotta get you to understand how AMAZING your body is, even with the perceived lumps and bumps. That being said, I've created a special Pinterest board called 'Shapes in the City' here where you will find numerous resources on how to not only determine your body shape, but how to dress it. I'm going to be updating it daily with body shape pins from all across the cyber world. Prayerfully, we'll get you to stop being so doggonned mean to yourself! ;-)
I may not get to meet with each of you one-on-one, but through my blog posts, 'Style Labs' and Youtube videos, I PROMISE we're gonna get you more comfortable with that body of yours!!